There comes a time when one becomes overwhelmed, where one feels like they might drown on the amount of postal love they are receiving. That is the case with these last 16 postcards that Karmen sent from her first span in Australia. I thought I should just get them all posted that way I will be all caught up and I will no longer feel guilty! To honor these cards I have assembled five interesting facts about Australia that you might not know about along with my deep thoughts.
SEAN PRESENTS: FIVE INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT AUSTRALIA THAT YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ALONG WITH HIS DEEP THOUGHTS
1. In 1954, Bob Hawke was inducted into the Guinness Book of Records for drinking 2.5 pints of beer in 11 seconds. Hawke, went on to become the Prime Minister of Australia. Party on!
2. Australia was the second country in the world to give women the right to vote in 1902. Way to go Australia!
3. Approximately 1.35 trillion bottles of wine are produced by Australia. I’m booking my flight right now.
4. Australia is the only place in the world where you can find the lung fish which dates back to the Triassic period. I wonder how that tastes?
5. When the British first saw a platypus they thought Australians were playing a joke on them by sewing a duck bill on a rat. This isn’t Frankenstein!
Other Party: Karmen M
Card Number: 0141-157
Average Color: Unavailable
Date Sent: Unavailable
Date Received: Unavailable
Sender Location: Unavailable
Receiver Location: Platteville, WI
Distance Traveled: Unavailable
Average Speed: Unavailable